It has been well over a month since my last post. Originally, I had some drafts to publish, but time has gotten the best of me and they are still sitting in my drafts folder. I have just finished my first semester of college, so I have been very busy lately. Unfortunately for me, I have been so busy that I have had little time to do any of my usual Christmas activities. I have yet to shop for any gifts, watch too many Christmas movies, or bake cookies. I got to put up the tree when I was home for Thanksgiving, but that’s about it.
I decided that, since I have 3 weeks off from school, I’m going to have the best Christmas break yet. I’ve decided to compile a list of things to do that can keep you busy (or not) this holiday break.
- Netflix marathon: We all know that finals have taken over this past 2 weeks (or more), so take some time to breathe and catch up on your shows. Now, I’m supposed to get my wisdom teeth out during my break so I will have tons of time for this.
- Christmas movies marathon: I don’t know about you, but since I have been at college I have had no time to watch any Christmas specials or movies. Grab some friends and watch the classics (or not) and get into the holiday spirit.
- COOKIES: Maybe during or before the Christmas movie marathon bake some holiday treats to share or not to share.
- Sledding: I don’t care how old you are, I think that sledding will put a smile on your face. Grab your friends or family and go ride that hill.
- Ice skating: If your town is anything like mine then there is an ice rink. Take advantage of this and go at least once, even if you aren’t the best, the memories are.
- Skiing/Snowboarding: If you know how to then definitely go to your favorite hills his break because once the next semester hits it will be harder for you to make time for this fun sport.
Overall, whatever you do, remember that it’s that special time of year where you are fortunate enough to be with family and friends. Take advantage of the time you have with everyone, and praise the good Lord for what you’ve got.
Krystal, With a “K”