One thing I have always felt passionate about is traveling. I love meeting new people, seeing new places, and learning new things. After telling people all of this, most seem surprised that I’ve never been out of the country (besides Canada when I was traveling to Boston). If you’ve read the title to this post you already know that I finally went international. Yay! I was lucky enough to be invited to a friend’s timeshare with her family and another friend for a week. This timeshare is on Paradise Island, home to Atlantis. I feel totally blessed to have experienced some new culture and create memories that will last a lifetime.
I was there for just over a week, and I came home today. We spent many days relaxing on the lazy river, laying out in the sun, swimming in the pools/ocean, and taking on the waterslides. It was incredibly hot there, and, other than raining for less than five minutes one day, the weather was near perfect for vacation. Now, I could sit here and go through every day to tell you what we did and bore you to death, but I will highlight some things to definitely do (in my opinion) if you ever visit Paradise Island or the Atlantis resort. Also, I will tell you what my favorite parts of the vacation were.
- Explore as much or all of the Atlantis resort as possible (it is so amazing)
- Really look at all the architect of the awesome place
- Go on every water slide at the park
- Walk through the tunnels inside Atlantis to explore the giant aquariums
- Go on the Lazy River multiple times
- Go to the candy store in the Atlantis Marina Village
- Walk through Marina Village and shop
- Try Rum Cake
- Go on an excursion away from Atlantis (perhaps one on a boat)
- Go into Nassau for the Straw Market
- Watch a sunset from the beach
- Shop away from Atlantis/Dine outside of the resort
- The Parade in Marina Village
PERSONAL VACATION FAVES:
- The Lazy River
- Breakfast at Margaritaville
- Laying by the pool(s)
- Swimming in the ocean
- Walking through the aquariums
- Exploring/taking fun pictures around the resort
- Boat Excursion***
- Enjoying the people around me
** The boat excursion we chose was well worth what we paid. As a party of 6 we chose a smaller company that has a smaller fishing/speedboat manned by one guy. You tell the captain what you want to do for the time and he takes you to do it. We ended up snorkeling, swimming with sea turtles, and deep sea fishing. SO WORTH IT!!
Overall, the trip was on the pricer side (as all vacations are), yet I wouldn’t have wanted to spend my first major international trip any other way. I suggest wearing lots of sunscreens if you ever visit and to check out some of my “must do’s”. Hopefully, I will upload some of my GoPro videos soon but for now here are some pictures.
–Krystal, with a “K”